FORMULATION AND EVALUATION OF CELECOXIB CREAM AND ITS RELEASED STUDY
Keywords:Celecoxib, Cream, Carbopol 980, Thymol oil, In vitro studies
Objective: The purpose of this study was to formulate and evaluate of Celecoxib cream and it’s in vitro release study.
Methods: The release study was conducted, using dialysis cellulose membrane, in Franz cells. The donor chamber was filled with phosphate buffer pH 7.4, released medium were analyzed by UV-Vis spectrophotometer at 250 nm. Kinetics model was used for calculations. The cream was followed by different evaluations like pH measurement, homogeneity, spreadability, stability study, drug content, SEM, XRD studies and skin irritation test was used for the reliability of physical conditions and chemical relation. DD solver and SPSS were used for statistical analyzation of the data.
Results: The best in vitro drug release profile achieved with thyme oil in Celecoxib cream. Formulation F2 showed the highest (83%) released. The results of the Celecoxib (1%) were suitable in all constraints. The prepared Celecoxib cream was encouraging for the formulation of transdermal drug delivery.
Conclusion: The Celecoxib cream was successfully prepared and could be beneficial for transdermal drug delivery.
2. Barry BW. Transdermal drug delivery manufacture of medicines. Michael Aulton (Editor). 3rd ed, Churchill Livingston, Elsevier; 2007. p. 566-74, 592-5.
3. Sharma Y, Jeyabalan G, Singh R. Potential wound healing agents from medicinal plants: a review. Pharmacologia 2013;4:349.
4. Hofland HE, Van der GR, Bodde HE, Junginger HE, Bouwstra JA. Estradiol permeation from nonionic surfactant vesicles through human stratum corneum in vitro. Pharm Res 1994;5:659-64.
5. Ueda CT, Shah VP, Derdzinski K, Ewing G, Flynn G, Maibach H, et al. Topical and transdermal drug products. Pharmacopeial Forum 2009;3:750-64.
6. Prajapati ST, Patel CG, Patel CN. Transfersomes: a vesicular carrier system for transdermal drug delivery. Asian J Biochem Pharm Res 2011;2:507-24.
7. Razi M, Ullah K. Formulation and in vitro evaluation of cream containing diclofenac sodium and curcuma longa for the management of rheumatoid arthritis. Int J Pharma Sci 2014;4:654-60.
8. Khan M, Hussain R, Raza MS, Nazir SR. Formulation development evaluation and anti-inflammatory effects of etoricoxib cream. Indo Am J Pharm Res 2014;10:3945-52.
9. Chakole CM, Shende MA, Khadatkar SN. Formulation and evaluation of novel combined halobetasol propionate and fusidic acid ointment. Int J Chem Tech Res 2009;1:103-16.
10. Fathy A, Dawaba H, Ahmed M, Ahmed S. Preparation, characterization, and stability studies of piroxicam loaded microemulsions in topical formulations. Drug Discoveries Ther 2010;4:267-75.
11. Rahman G, Syed UJ, Mahmood A, Muhammad A, Muhammad MQ. Formulation, characterization and in vivo evaluation of hedera helix l., topical dosage forms Pak. J Pharm Sci 2019;6:2603-8.
12. Avish DM, Swaroop R. Lahoti formulation and evaluation of ointment containing sunflower wax. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2019;8:115-20.
13. Muruganantham V, Prabakaran M, Pasupathi C, Peely LR, Pooja B. Formulation and evaluation of microemulsion gel for transdermal delivery of tramadol. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2019:5:251-9.
14. Sharma CP. Interpolymer complex microparticles based on polymethacrylic acid-chitosan for oral insulin delivery. J Appl Polymer Sci 2006;2:506-12.
15. Trivedi M, Patil S, Mishra RK, Jana S. Structural and physical properties of biofield treated thymol and menthol. J Mol Pharm Org Process Res 2015;2:127.
16. Samiullah, Syed UJ, Rahman G, Syed J, Asmathulla. Formulation and evaluation of transdermal patches of pseudoephedrine HCL. Int J Appl Pharm 2020;3:121-7.
17. Vedavathi T, Srinivasa RB. Formulation and evaluation of terbinafine hydrochloride microsponge gel. Int J Appl Pharm 2019;6:78-85.
18. Gul R, Jan SU, Ahmad M, Faridullah S, Akhtar M. Formulation and evaluation of topical carbamazepine semi-solid dosage forms for transdermal drug delivery. Lat Am J Pharm 2019;1:121-7.
19. Gul R, Jan SU, Ahmad M, Faridullah S, Akhtar M. Formulations, characterization, in vitro and ex vivo release of Ephedra extract from topical preparations using dialysis cellulose membrane and natural rabbit skin. Dissolution Technol 2017;24:24-30.
20. Rahman G, Syed UJ, Mahmood A, Syed F, Muhammad A. Extraction, formulation and characterization of an in vitro and ex-vivo evaluation of thymus serpyllum L. (Thymus oil) from topical preparations using dialysis cellulose membrane and natural rabbit skin. Pak J Pharm Sci 2019;4:1563-70.