A STUDY OF EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE OF HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS OF MADHYA PRADESH
The present study was an attempt to study the emotional intelligence of the Â Â higher secondary school teachers. The stratifiedÂ random sampling method was used. The sample consisted of 100 teachers. The emotional intelligence scale developed and standardized by Hyde and Pethe (2001) was used for data collection. Independent Â t-test was used for data analysis. The result shows that emotional intelligence was independent of sex, type of school, age and length of experience. The level of emotional intelligence was same regarding to the above group.
2. Annaraja, P. and Jose, S. (2005) :- Emotional Intelligence of B.Ed. trainees Research and Reflections in Education 2, 8-16.
3. Culver, D.(1998) :- A review of emotional intelligence by Denial Goleman, implications for technical education. Retrieved from http://fie.engrng.pitt.edu/fie98/papers/1105.pdef.
4. Hyde, A. and Pethe S.:-Emotional intelligence scale, Vedant publication, Lucknow (2001).
5. Suresh, T.and Rajalaxmi :Emotional intelligence among school teachers, Meston Journal of Research in Education,Vol.4,IssueNo.1April 2005.
6. Tapia, M.and Marsh,G. (2001):- Emotional intelligence : The effect of gender, G.P.A. and Ethnicity. paper presented at the annual meeting of the Mid South Educational research association , Mexico.(ED 464086)