DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF DIFFERENTIAL PULSE ANODIC STRIPPING VOLTAMMETRIC ANALYSIS OF SELENIUM (IV) IN BULK AND IN DOSAGE FORMULATIONS AT A GOLD ELECTRODE MULTI-MODIFIED WITH A MIXTURE OF 3, 3â€²-DIAMINOBENZIDINE.4HCL AND VITAMIN E
Objective: A simple, direct and very sensitive differential pulse anodic stripping voltammetric analysis (DPASVA) of selenium (IV) in bulk and in dosage formulations using a gold electrode multi-modified with a mixture of 3,3â€²-diaminobenzidine.4HCl (Dab) and vitamin E (VE)-Nafion (AuEMDabVEN) has been studied.
Methods: The method involves the study of various parameters (electrolyte, deposition time, pulse duration, pulse amplitude, etc.) affecting the Se(IV) determination. The proposed method was validated for specificity, linearity, precision and accuracy, repeatability, sensitivity (LOD and LOQ), robustness and solution stability with an average recovery of 98.1-100.32%.
Results: Se(IV)was determined in an aqueous HClO4 (0.2M) medium of pH 0.22 at an accumulation potential of-250 mV and an accumulation time of 200 s for CSe(IV) at 1x10-8 to 1x10-6 mol/l (0.7896-78.96 ng/ml) and 350 s for CSe(IV) at 1x10-9 to 1x10-8 mol/l (0.07896-0.7896 ng/ml) with relative standard deviations (RSD)2.4% and 4.8%, respectively.
Conclusion: This method showed very sensitive results for the determination of Se(IV) using an AuEMDabVEN than that obtained using the individual Dab or VE. This method could be applicable for the quantitative determination of the bulk Se(IV) as well as dosage formulations.
2. Ochab M, GÄ™ca I. Determination of trace Se(IV) by anodic stripping voltammetry following double deposition and stripping steps. Electroanalysis 2017;165:364â€“8.
3. Ishiyama T, Tanaka T. Cathodic stripping voltammetry of Se(IV) at a silver disk electrode. Anal Chem 1996;68:3789â€“92.
4. Bas B, Jedlinska K, Wegiel K. New electrochemical sensor with the renewable silver annular band working electrode: fabrication and application for determination of Se(IV) by cathodic stripping voltammetry. Electrochem Commun 2014;49:79â€“82.
5. Mi-Sook Won, Jang-Hee Yoon, Yoon-Bo Shim. Determination of Se with a Poly(1,8â€diaminoâ€naphthalene)â€modified electrode. Electroanalysis 2005;17:1952-8.
6. Stoica AI, Babaua G, Iorgulescu EE, Marinescu D, Baiulescu GE. Differrential pulse cathodic stripping voltammetric determination of se in pharmaceutical products. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2002;30:1425-9.
7. Soo Beng Khoo, Ruidong Ye. Differential pulse voltammetric determination of trace Te(IV) at a poly(3,3â€²-diaminobenzidine) film modified gold electrode in flow systems. Anal Chim Acta 2002;453:209â€“20.
8. Hao-Yun Yang, I-Wen Sun. Cathodic stripping voltammetric determination Se(IV) at a nafion coated mercury film electrode modified with 3,3'-diaminobenzidine. Electroanalysis 2000; 12:1476-80.
9. Ramadan AA, Mandil H, Ozoun A. Determination of Se(IV) by pulse anodic stripping voltammetry with a vitamin Eâ€“nafion modified gold electrode. Res J Aleppo Univ Syria 2008;61:149-84.
10. Ramadan AA, Mandil H, Ozoun A. Differential pulse anodic stripping voltammetric determination of Se(IV) with a vitamin Eâ€“nafion modified gold electrode. Asian J Chem 2011;23:843-6.
11. Ramadan AA, Mandil H, Ozoun A. Determination of se (IV) in pharmaceuticals by using different operating modes of pulse anodic stripping voltammetric analysis with a methylene blue-nafion modified gold electrode. Asian J Chem 2013;24:3393-7.
12. Ramadan AA, Mandil H, Ozoun A. Differential pulse anodic stripping voltammetric determination of Se(IV) with a methylene blue-nafion modified gold electrode. Asian J Chem 2012;24:391-4.
13. Ramadan AA, Mandil H, Shikh-Debes AA. Differential pulse anodic stripping voltammetric determination of Se(IV) at a gold electrode modified with 3,3â€²-diaminobenzidine. 4HCl-Nafion. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2014;6:148-53.
ICH: Proceedings of the International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirement of Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use (ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guidelines); 2000.