A METHOD FOR DETERMINING 1,4-BENZOTHIAZINE DERIVATIVES IN RAT PLASMA BY HPLC AND ITS APPLICATION TO A PHARMACOKINETIC STUDY
Objective: The objective of the study was to develop, optimize and validate of a new reverse-phase high-performance liquid chromatography (RP-HPLC) method for the determining 1,4-benzothiazine derivatives (AR13 and AR15) in a biological sample of rat plasma. The 1,4-benzothiazine derivatives are produced by the synthetic reactions.
Methods: RP-HPLC separation was performed using an ODS-2 Hypersil column with gradient elution mobile phase consisting of water-acetonitrile for AR13 and AR15 (1:9 v/v, 3:7 v/v) at room temperature 1 ml/min flow rate, and interfaced with photodiode array detector (PDA) detector, 233 nm, 235 nm respectively.
Results: A linear response was obtained between (range from 0.100-10.00 mg/ml) AR13 and (range from 0.096â€“9.88 mg/ml) AR15 with correlation coefficient 0.999 and 0.998. The linearity range of both AR13 and AR15 was 101.65Â±1.5 and 98.78Â±1.7.
Conclusion: It was concluded that the method was simple, accurate, sensitive, accurate and reproducible and has been successfully applied to the pharmacokinetic study of AR13 and AR15 in rat plasma.
2. Barker JC, Miller M. A double-blind comparative trial of pericyazine and thioridazine in chronic schizophrenia. Br J Psychiatry 1969;115:169-72.
3. Gupta RR. Phenothiazines and 1,4-benzothiazines chemical and biomedical aspects. Elsevier, Amsterdam; 1988.
4. Pasadena CA, Keyzer ed H, Eskert GM, Forrest IS, Gupta RR, Gutmamn F, et al. Thiazines and structurally related compounds, proceedings of the sixth international conference of phenothiazines and structurally psychotropic compounds. Kriger Publishing Co., Malbar, FL, USA; 1992.
5. Tanaka R, Teramura K, Yokoyama S. Japanese Patent 41/5833 (1966) [Chem Abstr 65, 9062; 1966.
6. Watanabe Y, Osanai K, Nishi T, Miyawaki N, Shii D, Honda T, et al. Synthesis of azido derivatives of semotiadil, a novel 1, 4-benzothiazine calcium antagonist, for photoaffinity probes of calcium channels. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 1996;6:1923-26Y.
7. Schwarzl I, Stark U, Brodmann M, Haiden U, Tritthart HA, Stark G. Efficacy of the novel calcium antagonist R (+)-semotiadil in limiting the ventricular rate during atrial flutter in isolated guinea pig hearts. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 2000;35:309-14.
8. Niewiadomy A, Matysiak J, Karpinska MM. Synthesis and anticancer activity of new 2â€Arylâ€4Hâ€3, 1â€benzothiazines. Arch Pharm 2011;344:224-30.
9. Martelli A, Manfroni G, Sabbatini P, Barreca ML, Testai L, Novelli M, et al. 1, 4-Benzothiazine ATP-sensitive potassium channel openers: modifications at the C-2 and C-6 positions. J Med Chem 2013;56:4718-28.
10. Meltzer-Mats E, Babai-Shani G, Pasternak L, Uritsky N, Getter T, Viskind O, et al. Synthesis and mechanism of hypoglycemic activity of benzothiazole derivatives. J Med Chem 2013;56:5335-50.
11. Cecchetti V, Schiaffella F, Tabarrini O, Fravolini A. (1,4-Benzothiazinyloxy) alkylpiperazine derivatives as potential antihypertensive agents. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2000;10:465-8.
12. Brincat JP, Carosati E, Sabatini S, Manfroni G, Fravolini A, Raygada JL, et al. Discovery of novel inhibitors of the Nor A multidrug transporter of Staphylococcus aureus. J Med Chem 2010;54:354-65.
13. Warren BK, Knaus EE. Pyridine and reduced pyridine analogues of 10H-pyrido [3,4-b][1,4] benzothiazines with analgesic activity. Eur J Med Chem 1987;22:411-15.
14. Hendricks RT, Fell JB, Blake JF, Fischer JP, Robinson JE, Spencer SR, et al. Non-nucleoside inhibitors of HCV NS5B polymerase. Part 1:Synthetic and computational exploration of the binding modes of benzothiadiazine and 1, 4-benzothiazine HCV NS5b polymerase inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2009;19:3637-41.
15. Barazarte A, Lobo G, Gamboa N, Rodrigues JR, Capparelli MV, Alvarez-Larena A, et al. Synthesis and antimalarial activity of pyrazolo and pyrimido benzothiazine dioxide derivatives. Eur J Med Chem 2009;44:1303-10.
16. Hasegawa K, Ito S, Inoue S, Wakamatsu K, Ozeki H, Ishiguro I. Dihydro-1,4-benzothiazine-6,7-dione, the ultimate toxic metabolite of 4-S-cysteaminylphenol and 4-S-cysteaminylcatechol. Biochem Pharmacol 1997;53:1435-44.
17. Coughlin SA, Danz DW, Robinson RG, Klingbeil KM, Wentland MP, Corbett TH, et al. Mechanism of action and antitumor activity of (S)-10-(2,6-dimethyl-4-pyridinyl)-9-fluoro-3-methyl-7-oxo-2,3-dihydro-7H-pyridol[1,2,3-de]-[1,4]benzothiazine-6-carboxylicacid (WIN58161). Biochem Pharmacol 1995;50:111-22.
18. Rai A, Raj V, Singh AK, Keshari AK, Kumar U, Kumar D, et al. Design and synthesis of 1, 4-benzothiazine derivatives with promising effects against colorectal cancer cells. Cog Chem 2017;3:1303-909.
19. Shah S, Dhanani T, Kumar S. Validated HPLC method for identification and quantification of p-hydroxy benzoic acid and agnuside in Vitex negundo and Vitex trifolia. J Pharm Anal 2013;3:500-8.
20. Rockville MD. Food and Drug Administration. Guidance for industry: Bioanalytical method validation. Center Drug Evaluation Res 2001. p. 1-14.