AN IMPROVED LC-MS/MS METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION FOR THE DETERMINATION OF TRANDOLAPRIL AND VERAPAMIL IN HUMAN PLASMA
Objective: A simple, sensitive and rapid LC-MS/MS technique was developed for the quantitation of trandolapril (TDL) and verapamil (VPL) in a biological matrix and validated.
Methods: Sample preparation processed by SPE (Solid Phase extraction) on phenomenex cartridge using Ledipasvir as an internal standard. Two drugs were eluted on waters symmetry-RP18 (5µ, 150 mm×4.0 mm) column with the mobile composition of 10 mmol ammonium formate and ACN(acetonitrile) in the ratio of 70:30 %V/V. Detection and quantitation were processed by electrospray ionization in positive ionization mode.
Results: The quantification approach was validated in 5-1500 ng/ml linear concentration range for TDL and 1-2000 ng/ml for VPL. The intraday and inter-day precision and accuracy were found to be 0.58% to 5.69% and 93% to 104% for two drugs. The average recoveries for TDL and VPL were found to be 92.9% and 93.5% respectively.
Conclusion: The developed work was validated and can be applicable to the routine analysis of TDL and VPL simultaneously in a biological matrix.
2. Diaz A, Ducharme A. Update on the use of trandolapril in the management of cardiovascular disorders. Vasc Health Risk Manag 2008;4:1147-58.
3. Guay DR. Trandolapril: a newer angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor. Clin Ther 2003;25:713-75.
4. Reynolds NA, Wagstaff AJ, Keam SJ. Trandolapril/verapamil sustained release: a review of its use in the treatment of essential hypertension. Drugs 2005;65:1893-914.
5. Tfelt-Hansen PC, Jensen RH. Management of a cluster headache. CNS Drugs 2012;26:571–80.
6. Merison K, Jacobs H. Diagnosis and treatment of a childhood migraine. Curr Treatment Options Neurol 2016;18:48.
7. Sreekanth N. HPTLC method development and validation of trandolapril in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. J Adv Pharma Technol Res 2010;1:172-9.
8. Tapas Kumar Laha, Lopamudra Adhikari. RP-HPLC analysis of trandolapril in pharmaceutical dosage forms. Asian J Chem 2008;20:352-6.
9. Ganipisetty LA, Dachinamoorthy D. Stability indicating RP-HPLC method development and validation of simultaneous estimation of trandolapril and verapamil hydrochloride with forced degradation studies in bulk and commercial products. Int J Pharma Res Scholars 2015;4:1-9.
10. Tejashwi E, Kiran Kumar S, Siddartha B. Simultaneous estimation and validation of Trandolapril and Verapamil in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form by RP-HPLC method. World J Pharm Pharm Sci 2014;3:652-62.
11. Laxmi Madhuri P, Vusuvandla Geetha. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of verapamil hydrochloride and Trandolapril in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. Asian J Pharm Anal Med Chem 2016;4:38-46.
12. Senem Sanli, Nurullah Sanli. Development and validation of a liquid chromatographic method for the concurrent assay of weakly basic drug verapamil and amphoteric drug trandolapril in pharmaceutical formulations. J Food Drug Anal 2012;20:588-96.
13. Irene Panderi, Constantinos Pistos. Liquid chromatographic tandem mass spectrometric determination of trandolapril in human plasma. Anal Chim Acta 2005;540:375-82.
14. Naser Altannak, Ahmad Hemdan. UPLC-QToF-MS analysis of trandolapril and verapamil in the dosage form and spiked human plasma using solid phase extraction: stability indicating assay method. Curr Pharma Anal 2017;13:450-8.
15. US FDA, Guidance for industry bioanalytical method validation, food and drug administration, the center for drug evaluation and research (CDER), Rockville, Maryland, USA; 2001.
16. Anggun Aji Mukti, Fathul Jannah, Arief Nurrochmad, Endang Lukitaningsih. Development and validation method for quantitative determination of ciprofloxacin in human plasma and its application in bioequivalence test. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2016;9:89-95.
17. Atul Vasanth D, Rajkamal B. A UPLC-MS/MS method development and validation for the estimation of pomalidomide from human plasma. Int J Appl Pharm 2017; 9:37-43.
18. International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) of Technical Requirements for the Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use, Validation of analytical procedures: Methodology, ICH-Q2B, Geneva; 1996.
19. Validation of Analytical Procedures: Methodology. ICH Harmonised Tripartite Guidelines; 1995.
20. Marlina Ika, Rizka Andalusia, Supandi Supandi, Yahdiana Harahap. Simultaneous analytical method development of 6-mercaptopurine and 6-methylmercaptopurine in dried blood spot using ultra performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Int J Appl Pharm 2017;9:168-71.
21. Birva A Athavia, Zarna R Dedania, Ronak R Dedania, Vijayendra Swamy SM, Chetana B Prajapati. Stability indicating HPLC method for determination of vilazodone hydrochloride. Int J Curr Pharm Res 2017;9:123-9.
22. Wani TA. Ultra performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometric method development and validation for determination of neratinib in human plasma. South Afr J Chem 2015;68:113-25.
23. Brian Kiesel. LC-MS/MS assay for the quantitation of the tyrosine kinase inhibitor neratinib in human plasma. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2017;134:130-6.
24. Tijare LK, Rangari NT, Mahajan UN. A review on bioanalytical method development and validation. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2016;9:6-10.