EFFECTIVENESS OF VESTIBULAR STIMULATION IN CHILDREN WITH DEVELOPMENTAL COORDINATION DISORDER
Objectives: The objectives of this study were to find out the effects of vestibular stimulation in developmental coordination disorder (DCD) children.
Methodology: Thirty children (n=30) were screened using the DCD questionnaire (DCDQ). After baseline screening among the 30 children, 15 were confirmed as suspects of DCD. Vestibular stimulation was given for all the 15 children.
Results: It is revealed that the motor coordination was improved significantly in children with DCD.
Conclusion: The present study concluded that vestibular stimulation is effective to enhance performance in tasks requiring motor coordination.
2. Sankar UG, Saritha S. A study of prevalence of developmental coordination disorder (DCD) at Kattankulathur, Chennai. Indian J Physiother Occup Ther 2011;5:63-5.
3. Sankar G, Monisha R. Life impact of developmental coordination disorder: Qualitative analysis of patient and therapist experiences. Biomed Pharmacol J 2019;12:491-4.
4. Shankar UG, Monisha R. Assessment of balance in children with developmental coordination disorder in Indian context. Indian J Public Health Res Dev 2019;10:67-70.
5. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 5th ed. Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Association; 2013.
6. Monisha R, Manikumar M, Krishnakumar A. Evaluating the effectiveness of phonophoresis by piroxicam and dimethyl sulfoxide for women’s with osteoarthritis knee joint. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2018;11:329-31.
7. Senthilselvi R, Boopana M, Sathyan L, Visuvasam P, Ganesan V. Drug utilization pattern in pediatric patients in a secondary care hospital. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2019;11:69-74.
8. Thenmozhi P, Priya P. Factors contributing for noncompliance of follow-up care among post cardiac patients. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2019;11:22-5.
9. Sharma S, Seth N. Optimization of component variables by statistical approach for design of chronotherapeutic dosage form for hypertension. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2019;12:64-72.
10. Horowitz B, Woods KR. Development of hemagglutination assays I. Attachment of anti-HBs antibody to stabilized erythrocytes. Vox Sang 1977;33:324-34.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.