MOOD IMPAIRMENTS IN ADULTS WITH DEVELOPMENTAL COORDINATION DISORDER
Objective: Data on the consequences of adults with developmental coordination disorder (DCD) in their life span is in debate and there is no clear and significant data remains. The current study was done to examine the existence or absence of mood impairments with DCD adults.
Methodology: Beck depression and Spielberger Anxiety Inventories were used as an outcome measure to evaluate the symptoms of anxiety and depression in 20 adults diagnosed with DCD with 20 typically developed peer-group population was used as a control.
Results: After statistical evaluation, it has been proved that adults with DCD experience enhanced symptoms of depression, anxiety than their age-matched peers.
Conclusion: This finding has added evidence that adults with DCD experience psychiatric distress and there is a need for consideration of intervention in DCD.
2. Sankar UG, Monisha R. Evaluation of cardio-vascular risk in children with developmental coordination disorder in Indian context- pilot study. Res J Pharm Technol 2018;11:5405-7.
3. Sankar G, Monisha R. Life impact of developmental coordination disorder: Qualitative analysis of patient and therapist experiences. Biomed Pharmacol J 2019;12:491-4.
4. Sankar UG, Saritha S. A study of prevalence of developmental coordination disorder (DCD) at Kattankulathur, Chennai. Indian J Physiother Occup Ther 2011;5:63-5.
5. Shankar UG, Monisha R. Challenges in the assessment of children with developmental coordination disorder (DCD). Biomed J Sci Tech Res 2018;6:5564-5.
6. Sankar UG, Monisha R. Assessment of bilateral coordination in children with developmental coordination disorder in the Indian context. Int J Adv Res Med Pharm Sci 2018;3:14-6.
7. Sankar G, Monisha R. Assessment of balance in children with developmental coordination disorder in Indian context. Indian J Public Health Res Dev 2019;10:67-70.
8. Ganapathy SU, Monisha R. Evaluation of visual proprioceptive skill in South Indian children with developmental coordination disorder. Res Med Eng Sci 2018;6:643-7.
9. Sankar UG, Monisha R, Doss CA, Palanivel RM. Effectiveness of vestibular stimulation in children with developmental coordination disorder. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2019;13:37-9.
10. Sankar UG, Monisha R, Doss CA, Palanivel RM. Evaluating the immediate effects of deep pressure on children developmental coordination disorder: Demonstrating individual differences. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2020;13:61-3.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.