EVALUATING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF PATIENT EDUCATION TO COPE UP DEPRESSION IN MENOPAUSAL STAGE
Objectives: The aim of the study was to assess the impact of education to combat depression in the menopausal stage.
Methods: Twenty menopausal women, aged 50–55 years were recruited through convenience sampling procedure from Kancheepuram. Zung self-rating depression scale was administered to all the participants.
Results: It revealed that there was a statistical difference in post-test after education on depression (t=13.413; p= 0.00) on menopausal women.
Conclusion: Depression is the common psychological symptoms that affect the women at menopausal age. The severity is due to a lack of knowledge about the symptoms and a lack of awareness to cope with the psychological symptoms.
2. Vijayalakshmi S, Chandrababu R, Victoria E. Menopausal transition among Northern Indian women. Nitte Univ J Health Sci 2013;3:73-9.
3. Timur S, Sahin NH. The prevalence of depression symptoms and influencing factors among perimenopausal and postmenopausal women. Menopause 2010;17:545-51.
4. Singh A, Pradhan SK. Menopausal symptoms of postmenopausal women in a rural community of Delhi, India: A cross-sectional study. J Midlife Health 2014;5:62-7.
5. Hamilton M. A rating scale for depression. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1960;23:56-62.
6. Polisseni AF, de Araújo DA, Polisseni F, Mourão Junior CA, Polisseni J, Fernandes ES, et al. Depression and anxiety in menopausal women: Associated factors. Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 2009;31:28-34.
7. Afshari P, Manochehri S, Tadayon M, Kianfar M, Haghighizade M. Prevalence of depression in postmenopausal women, Jundishapur. J Chronic Dis Care 2015;4:e27521.
8. Unsal A, Tozun M, Ayranci U. Prevalence of depression among postmenopausal women and related characteristics. Climacteric 2011;14:244-51.
9. Li Y, Yu Q, Ma L, Sun Z, Yang X. Prevalence of depression and anxiety symptoms and their influence factors during menopausal transition and postmenopause in Beijing city. Maturitas 2008;61:238-42.
10. Howkins J, Bourne G. Perimenopause, menopause, premature menopause and postmenopausal bleeding. In: Paduvidri VG, Daftary SN, editors. Shaw’s Textbook of Gynaecology. 14th ed. India: Elsevier; 2008.
11. Ghogari IS, Jain PS. Development of orally disintegrating tablets of memantine hydrochloride-a remedy for Alzheimer’s disease. Int J Appl Pharm 2019;12:147-52.
12. Qushawy M, Nasr A. Solid lipid nanoparticles (SLNS) as Nano drug delivery carriers: Preparation, characterization and application. Int J Appl Pharm 2019;12:1-9.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.