NEEDLE-FREE INJECTION SYSTEM
Needle free injection system are to introduce the various medicines into patients without piercing the skin with a conventional needle. Needle-free technology offers the many benefit of reducing patient concern about the use of needle. Needle free injection is the very effective injections a wide range of drugs and bioequivalent to syringe and needle. It results in less pain, and is strongly preferred by patients. Additional benefits include very fast injection compared with conventional needles and no needle disposal issues. Not only benefit of the pharmaceutical industry to the increasing product sales, it has the added potential to increase compliance with dosage regimens and improved outcomes. Today, they are a steadily developing technology that promises to make the administration of medicine more efficient and less painful.
2. Needle free injection technology: a review. Vishnu P, Sandhya M, Sreesh Kiran R, VaniCh V, Naveen Babu K. Int J Pharm 2012;2:148-55.
3. Lockhart MUS. Patent No. 69,199; 1936.
4. Transdermal and Topical Drug Delivery (ISBN: 0853694893) Pharmaceutical Press; 2003.
5. Gawkrodger DJ. Dermatology, an Illustrated Color Text. 3rd Ed. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone; 2002.
6. Bisset DL. Anatomy and biochemistry of the skin. In: kydonieus AF, Berner B. eds. Transdermal delivery of drugs. Vol. 1. Boca Raton: CRC Press; 1987. p. 29-42.
7. Buxton PK. ABC of dermatology. 3rd edition. London: BMJ Publishing Group; 1998.
8. C Scanlon Daniels. Needle-Free Injection: Pros and Cons. Available from: URL: http://www.highplainsdairy.org/ 2010/9_Daniels_Needle%20Free%20Injection_FINAL.pdf. [Last accessed on 15 Jan 2014]
9. http://www.pharmatutor.org/articles/needle-freeinjection-technology?page=0,1. [Last accessed on 15 Jan 2014]
10. Anubhav Arora, Murk R, Prausnitz, Samir Mitragotri. Microscale devices for transdermal drug delivery. Int J Pharm 2008;364:227-36.
11. M Sunitha Reddy, M Ranjith Kumar, K Sanjay Kumar, Anil Goli P. Santhosh Kumar. Review on needle free drug delivery systems. Int J Rev Life Sci 2011;1:76-82.
12. Smita Kolhe, Sneha Sontakke. A review on needle free drug delivery system. Int J Curr Pharm Res 2013;2:30-6.
13. Weston Medical. Weston Medical. com FAQs. Available from: www.westonmedical.com/faqs.htm. [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017].
14. www.penjet.com. [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017]
15. www.bioject.com. [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017]
16. www.advantaget.com. [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017]
17. www.equidyne.com. [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017]
18. www.medajetxl.com. [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017]
19. www.cdc.gov/nip/dev/N3draft0007doc. [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017].
20. www.cdc.gov/nip/dev/N2draft000603doc. [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017]
21. Houser TA, Sebranek JG, Bass TJ, Thacker BJ, Nilubol D, Thacker EL. Feasibility of transdermal, needleless injections for prevention of pork carcass defects. Meat Sci 2004;68:329-32.
22. PQA Plus. Available from: http://www.pork.org/filelibrary/ PQAPlus/PQAPlusEdBook.pdf. [Last accessed on 21 Sep 2011]
23. http://www.pharmatutor.org/articles/needle-freeinjection-technology?page=0,1 [Last accessed on 21 Sep 2011]
24. Mitragotri S. Current status and future prospects of needle-free liquid jet injectors. Nat Rev Drug Discovery 2006;5:543â€“8.
25. Needle free insulin devices-how does it work? Br J Diabetes Vascular Disease: Sherborne Gibbs Ltd; 2004. p. 4.
26. Needle free drug delivery technology by Dr. Roger G Harrison. Drug Delivery and Formulations, Innovations in pharmaceutical technology; 2004. p. 60-3.
27. Advances in disposable needle-free injector technology. Adam Levy, Weston Medical Ltd, Drug Delivery, Innovations in Pharmaceutical Technology; 1853. p. 100-9.
28. Pain-Free. Blunt-needle injection technology. Peter Crocker, Kevin Maynard, Mervyn Little. Imprint Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Drug Delivery, Innovations in Pharmaceutical Technology; 1999. p. 111-5.
29. Needle free drug delivery systems: a review by Chandan Mohanty. Int J Pharm Res Dev 2011;3:7-15.
30. http://www.jtip.com/product_overview.html. [Last accessed on 15 Jan 2014]
31. Vishnu P, Sandhya M, Sreesh Kiran R, VaniCh V, Naveen Babu K. Needle free injection technology: a review. Int J Pharm 2012;2:148-55.
32. Ren T, Wang X, Yang PH. Vaccine and Needle free vaccination delivery system. J Microb Biochem Technol 2014;6:359-60.
33. Bioject Needle Free Injection Technology, Bioject Medical Technologies Inc., Leader in the Development of Needle-Free Injection Therapies. Available from: http://www.bioject.com/ technology. [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017]
34. Zogenix.com, where Medicines Meet Technology. Available from: http://www.zogenix.com/content/technology/ dosepro. Htm.
35. King T. Intraject management forum conference on Needle-Free Injection Systems and Auto-Injectors; 2015.
36. Hunter I, George N. Vaccines and injections soon to be delivered via small needleless high-pressure jets. J Med Eng Phys; 2012.
37. http://therefusers.com/refusers-newsroom/vaccines-to-be-delivered-via-small-needleless-high-pressurejets-preventdisease-com. [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017]
38. King T. Drug delivery: Needle-free systems. In: Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Technology. 3rd ed. Vol. I. James Swarbrick Informa Healthcare; 2007. p. 1212.
39. Jagadeesh G, Prakash GD, Rakesh SG. Needleless vaccine delivery using micro-shock waves. Clin. Vaccine Immunol 2011;18:539-45.
40. Baker AB, Sanders JE. Fluid mechanics analysis of a springloaded jet injector. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 1999; 46:235-42.
41. Schramm J, Mitragotri S. Transdermal drug delivery by jet injectors: energetics of jet formation and penetration. Pharm Res 2002;19:1673-9.
42. Potter C. Caretek Medical Device. Management forum conference on needle-free injection systems and auto-injectors. Management Forum. London, England; 2004.
43. Prausnitz MR, Langer R. Transdermal drug delivery. Nat Biotechnol 2008;26:1261-8.
44. Cygnus, Inc. Sankyo Pharma and Cygnus Announce FDA Approval for Pediatric Use of GlucoWatch G2 Biographer. Available from: http://www.cygn.com/press/082802.html. [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017]
45. Sarah CP. Under the skin of intra-dermal vaccines, proceedings of the national academy of sciences. Vol. 110. Published; 2013. p. 10049-51.
46. Richard T. Skin delivery of biological, transdermal patches, microneedles and needle-free injections: manufacturing lines roll as concepts become products. Drug Delivery 2013. Available from: http://www.ondrugdelivery.com/publications/ [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017]
47. Transdermal_Microneedles_NFI_March_2013/Transdermal_Microneedles_NFI_March_2013_Low_Res.Pdf. [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017]
48. Bioject Needle-Free Injection Technology, Bioject Medical Technologies Inc., Leader in the Development of Needle-Free Injection Therapies. Available from: http://www.bioject.com/ technology. [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017].
49. Zogenix.com, where Medicines Meet Technology. Available from: http://www.zogenix.com/content/technology/dosepro.htm [Last accessed on 20 Dec 2017].