FORMULATION AND EVALUATION OF POLYHERBAL CREAM
Objective: Eugenia caryophyllus, Zingiber officinale and Nyctanthes arbor-tristis are medicinal plants; these plants are used traditionally from ancient year in the various herbal medicinal system such as Ayurvedic, Homeopathic and Siddha. The clove buds of Eugenia caryophyllus, rhizomes of Zingiber officinale and dried leaves of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis have anti-inflammatory analgesic activity. The present research was focus on the formulation of polyherbal cream and their evaluation by using various evaluation parameters of the present research are to formulate polyherbal cream and to evaluate the polyherbal cream.
Methods: the slab method was used for the preparation of cream.
Results: The evaluation parameters are coming under this heading physical parameter like color was slightly white green, the odor was characteristics, consistency was smooth and the state was semisolid. PH of the cream was 6.5; Spreadability was 7.4g. cm/sec time required for this test was 15 sec, Washability was easily washable, the cream was nonirritant, viscosity of the formulated cream was 39010 cps and no phase separation was observed during storage of polyherbal cream.
Conclusion: This cream formulation was used in rheumatoid arthritis to reduce joint pains. This cream formulation was o/w type of emulsion; hence this formulation was easily washed with plane water after application.
2. MV Vishvanathan, PM Unnikrishnan, Kalsuko Komatsu, Hirotoshi Fushimi. A brief introduction to Ayurvedic system of medicine and some of its problems. Indian J Traditional Knowledge 2003;2:159-69.
3. Gita Bisla, Sheel Sharma, Navita Pareek. Effectivenss of black pepper (Pieper nigrum) and clove (Eugenia caryophyllus) extract in preventing rancidity in butterfat. Food Sci Res J 2011;2:73-5.
4. Jitender Singh, Anupama Baghotia, SP Goel. Eugenia caryophyllata thunberg (Family Myrtaceae): a review. Int J Res Pharm Biomed Sci 2012;3:1469-75.
5. Jalal Bayati Zadeh, Nasroallah Moradi Kor. Physiological and pharmaceutical effects of ginger (Zingiber officinale roscoe) as a valuable medicinal plant. Eur J Exp Biol 2014;4:87-90.
6. K Gopalasatheeskumar. Significant role of soxhlet extraction process in pharmaceutical research. Mintage J Pharm Med Sci 2018;7:43-7.
7. Jadhav Santosh, Patil Manojkumar. A review on: nyctanthes arbor-tristis linn. Rejuvenating herbs. Int J Res Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;1:54-62.
8. Resham Kanadea, DS Bhatkhandeb. Extraction of ginger oil using different methods and effects of solvents, time, temperature to maximize yield. Int J Adv Sci Eng Technol 2016;4:241-3.
9. Parveen Ruhil, Vivek Kumar, Neha Minochi. Formulation and evaluation of herbal cream used in the treatment of arthritis research. Indian J Res 2018;7:356-7.
10. SK Uddandu Saheb, Aduri Prakash Reddy, K Rajitha, B Sravani, B Vanitha. Formulation and evaluation of cream from naturally containing plant extract. World J Pharm Pharm Sci 2018;7:851-61.
11. Renuka Shukla, Varsha Kashaw. Development, characterization and evaluation of poly-herbal ointment and gel formulation containing neriumindicum mill, artocarpusheterophyllus lam, murraya koenigii linn, punicagranatum linn. J Drug Delivery Ther 2019;9:64-9.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.