SIMULTANEOUS ESTIMATION OF IRBESARTAN AND ATORVASTATIN BY Q ABSORPTION RATIO METHOD IN THEIR SYNTHETIC MIXTURE USE IN CARDIAC CONDITION
A simple, accurate and precise spectroscopic method was developed for simultaneous estimation of Irbesartan and atorvastatin in synthetic mixture using Q absorption Ratio Method. In this spectroscopicÂ method, 234.7 nm (as an iso-absorptive point) and 226 nm wavelengths (Î»max of any of the two drugs) were selected for measurement of absorptivity. Both the drugs show linearity in a concentration range of 05-30 Î¼g/ml at their respective Î»max and at the isoabsorptive point. Accuracy, precision and recovery studies were done by QC samples covering lower, medium and high concentrations of the linearity range. The relative standard deviation for accuracy, precision studies were found to be within the acceptance range (<2%). The limit of determination was 0.365Î¼g/ml and 0.0622Î¼g/ml for Irbesartan and atorvastatin, respectively. The limit of quantification was 1.108Î¼g/ml and 0.188Î¼g/ml for Irbesartan and atorvastatin, respectively. Recovery of Irbesartan and atorvastatin were found to be 100.51% and 100.16% respectively confirming the accuracy of the proposed method. The proposed method is recommended for routine analysis since they are rapid, simple, accurate and also sensitive and specific by no heating and no organic solvent extraction.
2. Irbesartan drug info in drugbank. (database available on internet): http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/db01029
3. Irbesartan drug info. (database available on internet): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/irbesartan
4. Dileep N, Siva P, Santhi K and Sajeeth C. A review on atorvastatin co administration with ezetimibe for the treatment of hypercholesterolemia. Int J Pharm Chemica Sci. 1(2); 2012: 756-60.
5. Atorvastatin drug info in drugbank. (database available on internet): http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/db01076
6. Virani P, Sojitra R, Raj H and Jain V. A review on Irbesartan co administered with Atorvastatin for the treatment of cardiac risk. J Crit Rev. 1(1); 2014: 25-28.
7. Antonio C, Roberta A, Roberto D. et al. Effect of atorvastatin and Irbesartan, alone and in combination, on postprandial endothelial dysfunction, oxidative stress, and inflammation in type 2 diabetic patients. Circulation-American Heart Association. 111; 2013: 2517-24.
8. Virani P, Sojitra R, Raj H and Jain V. Irbesartan: A review on analytical method and its determination in pharmaceuticals and biological matrix. Inventi Rapid: Pharm Analysis & Quality Assurance. 4; 2014: 1-6.
9. Virani P, Sojitra R, Raj H and Jain V. Atorvastatin: A review on analytical method and its determination in pharmaceuticals and biological matrix. Inventi Rapid: Pharm Analysis & Quality Assurance. 4; 2014: 1-6.
10. Virani P, Raj H, Jain V and Jain P. Updated review: validation and method validation parameters. Pharmatutor. 2(10); 2014: 27-37.