STABILITY INDICATING HPTLC METHOD FOR DETERMINATION OF CLEVIDIPINE BUTYRATE IN SYNTHETIC MIXTURE
Objective: To develop and validate stability indicating HPTLC method for determination of clevidipine butyrate in synthetic mixture.
Methods: The present study deals with development and validation of stability indicating HPTLC method for estimation of clevidipine butryate. Chromatographic separation was performed on aluminum plate pre coated with Silica Gel 60 F254 using toluene: ethyl acetate (8:2) as mobile phase. TLC scanner was set at wavelength of 370 nm.
Results: Retention factor Rf of clevidipine was found to be 0.49. The method was validated as per ICH guidelines. Calibration curve was in the range of 1000-6000ng/band. The correlation coefficient was found to be 0.999. The precision expressed by RSD was less than 2%. The accuracy of method was confirmed by recovery studies using standard addition method and recovery was found to be 99.03-99.57%. The drug was subjected to ICH prescribed hydrolytic, oxidative, photolytic and thermal stress conditions. Clevidipine and its degradation products were well resolved under experimental conditions. The method was validated according to ICH guidelines. The drug showed significant degradation in alkaline and acidic condition and slight degradation in oxidative condition. The drug was stable in thermal condition.
Conclusion: A new, Simple, Accurate, Precise, Sensitive and economic stability indicating HPTLC method has been developed and validated for the determination of clevidipine and can be employed for stability indicating analysis.
2. http://cleviprex.com [Last accessed on 20 Feb 2018]
3. Zhang H. Clevidipine (the Medicines Company). Curr Opin Investing Drugs 2002;3 Suppl 10:1474-8.
4. Zhou Y, Zou Q, Sun L, Wei P, Ouyang P. Determination of clevidipine and its primary metabolite in rat plasma by a dispersive liquid liquid micro extraction method. J Chromatograp Sci 2016;53:830-5.
5. Zhou Y, Li H, He X, Jia M, Ni Y. Simultaneous determination of clevidipine and its primary metabolite in dog plasma by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry: application to pharmacokinetic study. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2014;100:294-9.
6. Cao P, Li G, Huang L, Zhao S, Hu Y. Screening of stabilizers for LC-MS/MS analysis of clevidipine and its primary metabolite in dog whole blood. Bioanalysis 2015;7 Suppl 12:208-12.
7. Chen T, Zhang S, Ye P, Zhang F, Ni Y. Simultaneous determination of clevidipine and its primary metabolite in beagle plasma using LC-MS/MS. Chin J Clin Pharmaco Ther 2016;3:306-12.
8. Gyllenhaal O. Fast enantioselective separation of clevidipine and dihydropyridine substituted acid by SFC on chiralpak AD. Fres J Anal Chem 2001;1 Suppl 369:54-6.
9. Zhou F, Yan F, Yang F, You Y. Structural analysis and quantitative determination of clevidipine butrate impurities using an advance RP-HPLC method. J Chromatogr Sci 2016;54:353-60.
10. Ma HB, Li Z L, Zhao J. HPLC method for determining of related substances in Clevidipine butyrate fat emulsion injection. Chinese J New Drugs 2015;16:1890-6.
11. Yuang H, Deng Y, Yu X, Wu Y, Chen X. Pre-formulation study of clevidipine butyrate and determination of its related substances by HPLC. J Shenyang Pharma Univ 2014;5:369-74.
12. Huang L, Sun H, Yang B, Yang S. Spectral analysis and structural elucidation of clevidipine butryate. Chinese J Magn Res 2011;1:168-75.
13. Clevidipine emulsion formulation containing antimicrobial agents. Patent-US20120088804 A1.
14. Chauhan K, Mujawar A, Quazi I. HPTLC method development and validation for densitometric analysis of carbosteine in drug formulation. Int J Appl Pharm 2016;8 Suppl 2:22-6.
15. Syal P, Kumar R, Arora G. Simultaneous estimation of thiocolchicoside and aceclofenac by HPTLC. Int J Curr Pharma Res 2017;9 Suppl 4:55-60.
16. Nariya P, De S. Development and validation of a reverse phase planar chromatography method for determination of NHT and its application in food products. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2013;6 Suppl 5:76-8.
17. Patil PM, Wankhede SB, Chaudhari PD. A validated stability indicating HPTLC method for estimation of acyclovir in presence of its alkaline degradation products. Bull Faculty Pharmacy Cairo University 2014;52:245-57.
18. ICH. Validation of analytical procedures: Text and methodology Q2(R1), International Conference on Harmonization; 2005.
19. ICH. Stability testing of new drug substances and products Q1A(R2), International Conference on Harmonization; 2003.