BORTEZOMIB INDUCED SUBCONJUNCTIVAL HEMORRHAGE
Many drugs are used in the treatment of multiple myeloma but Thalidomide, Lenalidomide, Bortezomib, dexamethasone and their combination remains the main stay of treatment. The molecular formula of bortezomib is C19H25BN4O4 and its chemical IUPAC name is [3-methyl-1-(3-phenyl-2-pyrazin-2-ylcarbonylamino-propanoyl) amino-butyl] boronic acid. Mechanisms by which it acts is usually by 26 SProteasome inhibition leading to degradation of anti-apoptotic proteins. Bortezomib is known to cause many side effects. So hence we report a rare case of Bortezomib induced subconjunctival hemorrhage in our tertiary care hospital.
KEYWORDS: Bortezomib, Adverse effect, Proteosome inhibition, Subconjunctival Hemorrhage
2. Puri S, Joshi J, Derman O, Kornblum N, Verma A, Braunschweig I, et al. Ocular complications of bortezomib therapy in multiple myeloma. Blood 2014;124(21):5743.
3. Kyle RA, Rajkumar SV. Multiple myeloma. Blood 2008;111(6):2962-72.
4. Rambabu C, Venkatrao S, Ramu G, Ganesh M. Estimation of bortezomib in bulk and its pharmaceutical dosage forms by using a novel validated accurate reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2011;3(3):303-5.
5. Kirthi C, Azra A, Reddy M, Ali SA, Yerramilli A. A study on the adverse effects of anticancer drugs in an oncology center of a tertiary care hospital. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2014;6(2):580-3.
6. Naranjo CA, Busto U, Sellers EM, Sandor P, Ruiz I, Roberts EA, et al. A method for estimating the probability of adverse drug reactions. Clin Pharmacol Ther 1981;30(2):239-45.
7. Hartwig SC, Siegel J, Schneider PJ. Preventability and severity assessment in reporting adverse drug reactions. Am J Hosp Pharm 1992;49(9):2229-32.
8. Schumock GT, Thornton JP. Focusing on the preventability of adverse drug reactions. Hosp Pharm 1992;27(6):538.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.