Rabeprazole induced Fixed Drug Eruption: A rare case report
Among cutaneous adverse drug reactions, fixed drug eruption is the most common cutaneous drug reaction among the Indian population. The drugs
most commonly implicated in fixed drug eruption are analgesics and antibiotics. Here, we report a case of fixed drug reaction caused by rabeprazole.
Â Â Â
2.Hiware S, Shrivastava M, Mishra D, Mukhi J, Puppalwar G. Evaluation of Cutaneous Drug Reactions in Patients Visiting Out Patient Departments of Indira Gandhi Government Medical College and Hospital (IGGMC and H), Nagpur. Indian J Dermatol 2013 Jan-Feb; 58(1): 18â€“21.
3. Benedix F, Schilling M, Schaller M, RÃ¶cken M, Biedermann T. A Young Woman with Recurrent Vesicles on the Lower Lip: Fixed Drug Eruption Mimicking Herpes Simplex. Acta Derm Venereol 2008; 88: 491â€“49
4.Breathnach SM. Drug Reactions. In: DABurns, SM Breathnach, NH Cox, CEM Griffiths, editors. Rook's Textbook of Dermatology. 8th ed., West Sussex: Blackwell Publishing Ltd; 2010. p. 75.1-75.177.
5. Anjay R Patel, Priyal R Patel, Chintan N Vora, Nitin D Patel, Jayvadan K Patel
Formulation, process parameters optimization and evaluation of delayed release tablets
Of rabeprazole sodium. Int J Pharmacy Pharm Sci 2010; 2(3):144-56.
6.Kepekci Y, Kadayifci A. Fixed drug eruption in hands caused by omeprazole. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 1999 Jun; 37(6): 307-9.
7. Kai Y, Okamoto O, Fujiwara S. Fixed drug eruption caused by three unrelated drugs: promethazine, pethidine and omeprazole. Clin Exp Dermatol 2011 Oct; 36(7): 755-8.
8. Morais P, Baudrier T, Mota A, Cunha AP, Cadinha S, Barros AM et.al. Nonpigmented fixed drug eruption induced by esomeprazole. Cutan Ocul Toxicol 2010 Sep; 29(3): 217-20.
9. Savin JA. Current causes of fixed drug eruption in the UK. Br J Dermatol 2001; 145: 667â€“8.
10. Balaji O, Navin P, Avinash A, Amod T. Cefuroxime-induced thrombocytopenia: itâ€™s just not in the ring? Asian J Pharms Clin Res. 2016;9(5): 1-2.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.