A NOVEL OF BEZAFIBRATE ANALYSIS METHODS IN URINE (IN VITRO) USING SOLID PHASE EXTRACTIONâ€“ HIGH-PERFORMANCE LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPHY-UV DETECTOR
Objective: Bezafibrate is the second generation of fibrate groups used as the drug of choice in the treatment of hyperlipidemia. The purpose of this study is to obtained a validated method for analyzing bezafibrate in urine using solid phase extraction (SPE)-High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC).
Methods: Solid phase extraction (SPE) using hydrophilic-lipophilic balance (HLB) cartridge was performed for bezafibrate extraction from urine, afterward, a validation of analysis method using high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)-(UV) detection was conducted to parameters, including: selectivity (Rs), linearity (r), accuracy, precision, limit of detection (LOD) and limit of quantification (LOQ).
Results: Recovery extraction using SPE resulted %recovery 85-110%. The analysis was performed by high-performance liquid chromatography using reversed phase, C18 octadecylsilane (ODS) columns 250 x 26 mm, particle size 10 Î¼l, with the composition of 0.01 M acetate buffer with pH 3.55: with percent composition (45:55) and 0.8 ml/minute on 230 nm UV detection. Validation includes selectivity, linearity, accuracy, precision LOD, and LOQ have fulfilled requirement value.Conclusion: The result of recovery extraction using SPE and validation of method exhibited the values that fulfilled the requirements and can be used for analysis bezafibrate in the urine.
2. VÃ¡zquez M, Alegret M, Lopez M, Rodriguez C, Adzet T, Merlos M, et al. Different effects of fibrates on the microsomal fatty acid chain elongation and the acyl composition of phospholipids in guinea-pigs. Br J Pharmacol 1995;116:3337â€“43.
3. Borges NC do C, Mendes GD, Barrientos-Astigarraga RE, Zappi E, Mendes FD, De Nucci G. Comparative bioavailability study with two gemfibrozil tablet formulations in healthy volunteers. Arzneimittel-Forschung 2005;55:382â€“6.
4. Miller DB, Spence JD. Clinical pharmacokinetics of fibric acid derivatives (Fibrates). Clin Pharmacokinet 1998;34:155â€“62.
5. Zidan D, Ismaiel OA, Hassan WS, Shalaby A. Rapid and validated HPLC-UV method for determination of gemiloxacin in human urine. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2015;7:104â€“8.
6. Jain HK, Deore DD. Bioanalytical method development and validation for estimation of clopidogrel bisulfate in human plasma by RP-HPLC. Int J Appl Pharm 2016;8:18â€“21.
7. Castoldi D, Monzani V, Tofanetti O. Determination of bezafibrate in human plasma and urine by high-performance liquid chromatography. J Chrom B: Biomed Sci Appl 1985;344:259â€“65.
8. Zhang W, Xiang B, Zhan Y, Yu L, Wang T, Wang C. HPLC method for the determination of bezafibrate in human plasma and application to a pharmacokinetic study of the bezafibrate dispersible tablet. J Chromatogr Sci 2008;46:844â€“7.
9. Blanchet B, Billemont B, Cramard J, Benichou AS, Chhun S, Harcouet L, et al. Validation of an HPLC-UV method for sorafenib determination in human plasma and application to cancer patients in routine clinical practice. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2009;49:1109â€“14.
10. Abdel Razak O, Belal SF, Bedair MM, Barakat NS, Haggag RS. Spectrophotometric and polarographic determination of enalapril and lisinopril using 2,4-dinitrofluorobenzene. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2003;31:701â€“11.
11. Muchtaridi M, Yuliani E, Sopyan I. Application off-line SPE-HPLC/UV methods in the analysis in human (in vitro). Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2015;8:255â€“61.
12. Anchisi C, Fadda AM, Maccioni AM, DessÄ±Ì€ S. Determination of bezafibrate concentration by high-performance liquid-chromatography in the serum of rats treated with lead nitrate. Il Farmaco 1998;53:690â€“2.
13. Snyder LR, JJ Kirkland, JL Glajch. Practical HPLC method development. 2nd Edition. New York: John Willey and Sons, Inc; 1997. p. 119-44, 643-728, 736.
14. Abshagen U, Bablok W, Koch K, Lang PD, Schmidt HaE, Senn M, et al. Disposition pharmacokinetics of bezafibrate in man. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1979;16:31â€“8.
15. Huang Z, Pan XD, Huang B, Xu JJ, Wang ML, Ren YP. Determination of 15 Î²-lactam antibiotics in pork muscle by matrix solid-phase dispersion extraction (MSPD) and ultra-high pressure liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Food Control 2016;66:145â€“50.
16. Sopyan I, Chandra W, Indriyati W, Sriwidodo. A new approach of ofloxacin analysis method in human blood plasma using solid-phase extraction-high performance liquid chromato-graphy-ultraviolet. J Pharm Res 2017;11:996â€“1002.
17. Harmita APT. Analisis Fisikokimia. Depok: FMIPA UI; 2006.