EMERGING THERAPY FOR DENGUE
Dengue fever is acute febrile diseases, it's caused by one of four closely related virus serotypes of the genusare Flavivirus, family Flaviviridae. Each serotype is sufficiently different that there is no cross-protection and epidemics caused by multiple serotypes can occurs. It's transmitted to humans by the mosquito. The incidence of dengue has grown around the world in recent a period of ten years. However, several classes of agents are in under investigation as potential anti-dengue drugs, including direct host modulators, antivirals, and RNAi therapeutics. These anti-dengue drugs in development will be reviewed here.
2. TP Endy, SC Weaver, KA Hanley. Dengue virus: past, present and future In: Frontiers in dengue virus research. KA Hanley, SC Weaver. eds. Caister Academic Press: Norfolk, UK ISBN 978-1-904455; 2010. p. 50-9.
3. Kuldeep Singh, Pragati Shakya. Prevention and control of dengue by herbal remedies. J Chem Pharm Res 2016;8:708-13.
4. DJ Gubler. Epidemic dengue/dengue hemorrhagic fever as a public health, social and economic problem in the 21st century. Trends Microbial 2002;10:100â€“3.
5. EC Holmes, SS Twiddy. The origin, emergence and evolutionary genetics of dengue virus. Infection Genetics Evolution 2003;3:19â€“28.
6. World Health Organization. The World Health Report fighting disease, fostering development. Geneva: WHO; 1996. p. 137.
7. World Health Organization. International Health Regulations. 2nd edition. Geneva: WHO; 2008.
8. Fusco DN, Chung RT. Review of current dengue treatment and therapeutics in development. J Bioanal Biomed 2014;S8:1-10.
9. Blacksell SD. Commercial dengue rapid diagnostic tests for point-of-care application: recent evaluations and future needs? J Biomed Biotechnol 2012:151967. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/ 2012/151967
10. Niyomrattanakit P, Chen YL, Dong H, Yin Z, Qing M. Inhibition of dengue virus polymerase by blocking of the RNA tunnel. J Virol 2010;84:5678-86.
11. Brandl M, Wu X, Holper M, Hong L, Jia Z. Physicochemical properties of the nucleoside prodrug R1626 leading to high oral bioavailability. Drug Dev Ind Pharm 2008;34:683-91.
12. Yang CC, Hu HS, Wu RH, Wu SH, Lee SJ. A novel dengue virus inhibitor, BP13944, discovered by high-throughput screening with dengue virus replicon cells selects for resistance in the viral NS2B/NS3 protease. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2014;58:110-9.
13. Krishnan MN, Garcia-Blanco MA2. Targeting host factors to treat West Nile and dengue viral infections. Viruses 2014;6:683-708.
14. Thomas E, Ghany MG, Liang TJ. The application and mechanism of action of ribavirin in therapy of hepatitis C. Antivir Chem Chemother 2012;23:1-12.
15. Frias Staheli N, Dorner M, Marukian S, Billerbeck E, Labitt RN. Utility of humanized BLT mice for analysis of dengue virus infection and antiviral drug testing. J Virol 2014;88:2205-18.
16. Fusco DN, Brisac C, John SP, Huang YW, Chin CR. A genetic screen identifies interferon-ÃŽÂ±effector genes required to suppress hepatitis C virus replication. Gastroenterology 2013;144:1438-1449, 1449.
17. Yang CC, Hu HS, Wu RH, Wu SH, Lee SJ. A novel dengue virus inhibitor, BP13944, discovered by high-throughput screening with dengue virus replicon cells selects for resistance in the viral NS2B/NS3 protease. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2014;58:110-9.
18. Coutard B, Decroly E, Li C, Sharff A, Lescar J. Assessment of dengue virus helicase and methyltransferase as targets for fragment-based drug discovery. Antiviral Res 2014;106:61-70.
19. AbdKadir SL, Yaakob H, Mohamed Zulkifli R. Potential anti-dengue medicinal plants: a review. J Nat Med 2013;67:677-89.