MORINGA OLEIFERA AS A PHARMACEUTICAL EXCIPIENT
Plant gums and mucilages are being used due to their abundance in nature, safety and economy. Additives play an important role in pharmaceutical preparations like tablet, lotions, suspensions, syrups and ointments. Recent trends towards the use of the natural and nontoxic products which demand the replacement of synthetic excipients with natural ones. Moringaoleifera gum has good mucoadhesive polymer, disintegrating agent and binder. Moringa Oleiferagum show that it has high potential for industrial application especially in the food, textile and pharmaceutical industries.
2. Gopalakrishnan L, Doriya K, Kumar DS. MoringaOleifera: a review on nutritive importance and its medicinalapplication. Food Sci Human Wellness 2016;5:49â€“56.
3. Darekar AB, Kahane JU, Ashawat M, Chavan MJ, Saudagar RB. Plant exudates and mucilage as pharmaceutical excipients. J Adv Pharm Educ Res 2013;3:387-401.
4. Khathuriya R, Nayyar T, Sabharwal S, Jain UK, Taneja R. Recent approaches and pharmaceutical applications of natural polysaccharides: a review. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2015;6:4904-19.
5. Kaur L, Sharma J, Kanuja N. Natural polymers-promising potential in drug delivery. Int J PharmTech Res 2013;5:684-99.
6. Abitha MH, Flowerlet M. Natural polymers in pharmaceutical formulation. Int J Institutional Pharm Life Sci 2015;5:205-31.
7. Patel BV, Patel D. Study of disintegrant property of MoringaOleifera gum and its comparison with other superdisintegrants. Int J Chem Tech Res 2011;3:1119-24.
8. Panda D, Swain S, Kaungo SK, Gupta R. Preparation and evaluation of gels from gum of MoringaOleifera. Indian J Pharma Sci 2006;68:777-80.
9. Patel MT, Patel JK, Upadhyay UM. Assessment of various pharmaceutical excipient properties of natural MoringaOleifera gum. Int J Pharm Life Sci 2012;3:1833-47.
10. Choudhary PD, Pawar HA. Recently investigated natural gums and mucilages as pharmaceutical excipients: an overview. J Pharm 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/204849
11. Shah DP, Jain VC, Dalvadi HP. A preliminary investigation of MoringaOleifera lam gum as a pharmaceutical excipient. Int J Pharm Res Technol 2011;1:12-6.
12. Aney JS, Tambe R, Kulkarni M, Bhise K. Pharmacological and pharmaceutical potential of moringaoleifera: a review. J Pharm Res 2009;2:1424-6.
13. CP Khare. Indian Medicinal Plants. An Illustrated Dictionary; 2007. p. 422-3.
14. Hukkeri VI, Nagathan CV, Karadi RV, Patil SV. Antipyretic and wound healing activities of moringaoleifera lam in rats. Indian J Pharm Sci 2006;68:124-6.
15. Agarwal B, Mehta A. Antiasthmatic activity of moringaoleiferalam: a clinical study. Indian J Pharmacol 2008;40:28-38.
16. Manjari M, Piyush M, Agarwal AC. Pharmacognostical and phytochemical investigation of antidiabetic activity of Moringaoleifera lamleaf. Indian Pharm 2007;6:70-2.
17. Pal SK, Mukherjee PK, Saha BP. Studies on antiulcer activity of Moringaoleifera leaf extracts on gastric ulcer models in rats. Phytother Res 1995;9:463-5.
18. Mehta LK, Balaraman R, Amin AH, Bafna PA, Gulati OD. Effect of fruits of Moringaoleifera on the lipid profile of normal and hypercholesterolaemic rabbits. J Ethnopharmacol 2003;86:191-5.
19. Shivalingam MR, Kumaran KSG, Reddy YVK, Jeslin D, SudhanaRao MT, Chaitanya BS. Evaluation of binding properties of Moringaoleifera gum in the formulation of paracetamol tablets. Drug Invention Today 2010;2:69-71.
20. Zheng Yi, Zhu Fan, Lin Dan. Optimization of formulation and processing of MoringaOleifera and spirulina complex tablets. Saudi J Biol Sci 2017;24:122-6.