EXTRACELLULAR GLYCOLIPIDS FROM SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE AS BIOEMULSIFYING AGENTS IN FOOD PROCESSING
The development of food processing sector and increasing diversity in consumersâ€™ taste has continuously put forth different demands in the interdisciplinary research. In this research study, a demand for bio-based emulsifying agent to improve the oil-aqueous based food has been taken as a predominant destination. Extracellular glycolipids were produced using Saccharomyces cerevisiae MTCC 181 strain and basic characterization studies were performed.Further, the scope of the partially purified bioemulsifier in food processing was examined using different experiments and found to be more promising.
2. Barkat Ali khan, NaveedAkhtar, Haji Muhammad Shoaibkhan, Khalidwaseem, TariqMahmood, AkhtarRasul et al.Basic of pharmaceutical emulsions: A review. Afr.J.Pharm.Pharmacol.2011; 5 (25):2715-2725.
3. Swaranjit Singh Cameotra, Randhir S Makkar, JasminderKaur & Mehta SK. Synthesis of biosurfactants and their advantages to microorganisms and mankind.AdvExp Med Biol2010.672:261-80.
4. Jenyffer Medeiros Campos,Tania Lucia Montenegro Stamford, LeonieAsforaSarubbo, JulianaMoura de Luna & Raquel DinizRufino. Microbial. Biosurfactant as additives as food industires.Am.Inst.Chem.Eng.2013:1-10.
5. Shete A M, Wadhawa G, Banat I M & Chopade B A . Mapping of patents on bioemulsier and biosurfactant: A review. J.Sci.Ind.Res.2006.65:91-115.
6. American Public Health Association. Standard methods of water analysis. 3rd ed. Washington, D.C.: American Public Health Association; 1917.
7. Wells J. A technique for staining the superficial cells of plucked hair follicles and other solid tissues. Stain Technology 1988. 63(3).
8. RashmiRekha Saiki, HemenDeka, DebahutiGoswami, JiumoniLahkar, Siddhartha Narayan Borah, Kaustuvmani Patowary et al. Achieving the Best Yield in Glycolipid Biosurfactant Preparation by Selecting the Proper Carbon/Nitrogen Ratio. J.Surfactants Deterg.2013.
9. Surekha k. Satpute, Arun G. Banpurkar, Parshant k. Dhakephalkar, IbrahimM.Banat, &Balu A. Chopade. Methods of investigating bio surfactants and bio emulsifiers; a review. Crit.Rev.Biotechnol.2010:1-18.
10. SalwaMohdSalleh, NurAsshifaMdNoh and Ahmad RamliMohdYahya. Comparative study: Different recovery techniques of rhamnolipid produced by Pseudomonas aeruginosa USMAR-2. Int.Proc.Chem., Biol.Environ.Eng. 2011.18:132-135.
11. Jovale Vincent V. Tongco1, Remil M. Aguda and Ramon A. Razal. Proximate analysis, phytochemical screening, and total phenolic and flavonoid content of Philippine bamboo Schizostachyumlumampao.J.Chem.Pharm.Res.2014.6 (1):709-713.
12. DipaliO.Somkuwar& Vilas A. Kamble. Phytochemical Screening of Ethanolic Extracts of Stem, Leaves, Flower and Seed Kernel of MangiferaIndica L. Int.J.Pharma Bio Sci. 2013.4(2):383 â€“ 389.
13. Yemmand E. W, Folkes B.F. The Estimation of Carbohydrates in Plant Extracts by Anthrone1954.vol 57:508-514.
14. Sangeeta, Dongre B & Sonwane D.L. Seasonal changes in lipid content, in the adductor muscles of cerebralectomied freshwater bivalve mussel Lamellidenscorrianus. J.Pharm.Biol.Sci.2014. 9(1): 29â€“32.
15. Abeer EI-SayedAmer. Use of extracellular bioemulsifier from streptococcus thermophiles strains in production of frozen yogurt as a probiotic food. Animal production Research institute 2010.88(4):1333-1350.
16. Spencer JFT, Spencer DM. Outside and inside: The morphology and cytology of the yeast cell. Yeast in natural and artificial habitats.Spinger-verlag berlin Heidelberg; 1997.
17. SudaratLuepongpattana, Sasitorn J indamarakot, SuthepThaniyavaran, JirapornThaniyavarn.Screening of biosurfactant production yeast and yeast-like fungi isolated from the coastal areas of koh sic hang.2014:406.
18. Virgie A, Alcantara,Irene G, Pajares,JessicaF,Simbahan & Ma.LeahD. Rubio.Substrate Dependent Production and Isolation of an Extracellular Biosurfactant from Saccharomyces cerevisiae 2031.J.Sci.2012.
19. Abouseoud.M, Maachi.R & Amrane.A.Biosurfactant production from olive oil by Pseudomonas fluorescens. Communicating current research and educational topics and trends in applied microbiology 2007:340-347.
20. Nigam. Lab Manual in Biochemistry:Immunology and Biotechnology. Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing company Limited;2008.
21. Mazaheri Assadi M &Tabatabaee M S. Biosurfactants and their use in upgrading petroleum Vacuum Distillation Residue: A Review. Int.J.Environ.Res.2010.4 (4):549-572.
22. SadasivamS,Manickam. A.Biochemicalmethods. A new age international publishers; 2005.
23. Felix M ching. Chinese Herbal Drug Research Trends. Library of congress cataloging-in-publication data; 2007.
24. Vandana Singh. Biosurfactant-Isolation,Production,Purification& Significance. Int.J.Sci.Res.Publ.2012.2 (7):1-4.