INFLUENCE OF DOSAGE ON RETENTION IN PATIENTS METHADONE MAINTENANCE THERAPY PROGRAM FOR MAINTENANCE PHASE OF H. ADAM MALIK MEDAN CENTRAL GENERAL HOSPITAL
Â Objective: This study aims to see the effect of methadone dose on patient retention in following the program.
Materials and Methods: This study is a clinical study with cross-sectional study design. Data obtained from the patient's medical record and patient's primary data. The study was conducted at Methadone Clinic of H.Adam Malik Hospital Medan.
Results: The number of research samples is injecting drug users who follow PTRM as many as 39 people. From a study of 39 patients, the percentage of male patients (100%) was obtained; age between 25 and 35 years (64.1%); junior high school education equal to 84.6%; already married 46.2%; already working 69.2%; and the distance of the average residence with the clinic is 16.93 km. The results showed that the smallest maintenance dose of maintenance phase was 2 mg; the largest maintenance dose in the maintenance phase was 165 mg; the mean maintenance stage dose of 62.35 mg with a retention value >2 years or more (>730 days) was 79.5%.
Conclusion: There was a significant effect on retention which is the biggest maintenance dose with p=0.04 value and take home dose with p=0.027. Percentage of drug use and other substances that is benzodiazepines (BZO) (64,1%); amphetamines (AMP) (38.5%); methamphetamine (MET) (20.5%); and THC (20.5%). There was no significant effect between the use of other substance to retention with p value of BZO (0.389); p AMP (0.360); p MET (0.195); and p THC (0.470). It can be concluded that the greater the dose of methadone has an effect on its retention.
3. Association of Southeast Asian Nations(ASEAN)-USAID. Managing Opioid Dependence: Treatment and Carefor HIV Positive Injecting Drug Users. Jakarta: ASEAN Secretariat; 2007.
4. Helsy P. Hubungan Dosis dan Retensi Pada Terapi Rumatan Metadon Multiepisode DiRumah Sakit Ketergantungan Obat Jakarta Dan Rumah Sakit Umum Pusat Fatmawati. Jakarta: Universitas Indonesia; 2010.
5. Dianawati A. Faktor Faktor Yang Mempengaruhi Retensi Pasien Program Terapi Rumatan Metadon (PTRM) Pada Puskesmas Kecamatan Di Jakarta. Fakultas Kedokteran. Yogyakarta: Universitas Gadjah Mada; 2014.
6. Liu E, Liang T, Shen L, Zhong H, Wang B. Correlates of methadone client retention: Aprospective cohort study in guizhou province, China. Int J Drug Policy 2009;20:304-8.
7. Mohamad N, Hidayah N, Musa N, Talib N, Ismail R. Better retention of Malaysian opiate dependents treated with high dose methadone in methadone maintenance therapy. Harm Reduct J 2010;7:30.
8. Sarasvita R. Treatment Retention In Methadone Maintenance Program In Indonesia: Toward Evidence-Informed Drug Policy. Thesis, University of Adelaide; 2009.
9. Huissod T, Rousson V, Arber FD. Methadone treatments in a swiss region, 2001-2008: A registry based analysis. BMC Psychiatry 2012;12:238.
10. Bao YP, Liu Z. A meta-anaysis of retention in methadone maintenance by dose and dosing strategy. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 2009;35:28-33
11. Dilla A, Ridwan A, Ansariadi. Relationship Between Behavioral Factors With Retention Of Patient Methadone Maintenance Treatment Program In Kassi-Kassi Health Center. Bagian Epidemiologi Fakultas Kesehatan Masyarakat Universitas Hasanuddin; 2014.
12. Lee FJ, Lo MS, Chang HY, Lee SY, Lu RB. Faktor associated eith retention in a methadone maintenence treatment program in heroin-dependent han Chinese In Taiwan. Neuropsychiatry 2017;7:204-11
13. Mahmood SF, Fateme, Hamid N, Mohsen R. Predictor of one years retention in methadone maintenence treatment (MMT) in Iran, Rafsanja. High Risk Behav Addict Iran.
14. Lee YH, Li HJ, Wu TL, Wu SJ, Yen FC, Tang PH. Survey of methadone-drug interaction among patients of methadone maintenence treatment program in Taiwan. Substance abuse treatment, prevention, and policy. Biomed Central 2012;7:11.
15. Jiang H, Han Y, Du J, et al. Faktor associated with one year retention to methadone maintenence treatment program among patient with heroin dependence in China. Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention and Policy.
16. Hanasah N. Pengaruh obat Antiretroviral Lini Pertama Terhadap Dosis Metadon Pasien program terapi rumatan metadon di RSKO dan RSUP Fatmawati periode 2003-2009. Jakarta: FMIPA UI; 2010.
17. Phallyka C. Propective Cohort Study of Factors Associated with Retention of Menthadone Maintenence Therapy Among Patient at the Center for Menta Haelth and Drug Dependence in Cambodia. Thesis Prsented to the Highger Degree Committe. Graduate of Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University.
18. Susilowati I. Gambaran Dan Faktor Faktor Yang Berhubungan Dengan Retensi Pasien Program Terapi Rumatan Metadon (PTRM) Di Puskesmas Kecamatan Tebet. Jakarta: FKM. UI; 2013
19. Ward J, et al. An Evaluation of private methadone clinics. In: Methadone Maintenance Treatment and Othe Opioid Replacement Therapies. Amsterdam: Harwood academic publisher; 1998.
20. World Health Organization. WHO/UNDOC/UNAIDS Position Paper: Substitution Maintenance Therapy in the Management of Opioid Dependence and HIV/AIDS Prevention. Geneva: WHO; 2008. Sweetman SC, Blake PS, McGlashan JM, Neathercoat GC, Parsons AV.
21. Martindale: The Complete Drug Reference. 35th ed., Vol. 02. London: Pharmaceutical Press; 2007.
22. Fathollahi SM, Torka F, Najmeddin N, Rezaeian M. Predictor of one year retention in methadone maintenence treatment (MMT) in Iran. Rafsanja. Zahedan Univ Med Sci 2016;5:.
23. Eur JC, Hallinan R, Crettol S, Agho K, Attia J, Besson J, Croquette Krokar M, et al. Cannabis and benzodiazepines as determinants of methadone trough plasma concentration variability in maintenence treatment: A transnational study. Pharm and disposition. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 2009;65:1113-20.
24. Lee YH, Li HJ, Wu TL, Wu SJ, Yen FC, Tang PH. Survey of methadone-drug interaction among patients of methadone maintenence treatment program in Taiwan. Substance abuse treatment, prevention, and policy. Biomed Central 2012;7:11.
25. Baxter K. Stokleyâ€™s Drug Interaction. 8th ed. London: Pharmaucetical Press; 2008.
26. Zahar Z, Lee S, Ibrahim AM, Musa N, Azhar M, Yasin M, et al. Comparison of pain tolerance between opioid dependent patients on methadone maintenance therapy (MMT) and opioid naive individuals. J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;19:127-36.
27. Khoubnasabjafari M, Ansarin K, Gharamaleki JV, Azar PV, Shayanfar A, Mohammadzadeh L, et al. Extraction and analysis of methadone in exhaled breath condensate using a validated LC-UV method. J Pharm Pharm Sci 2015;18:207-19.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.